The Sandringham Memorial Gates were commissioned by Council and designed by the sculptor Lyndon Dadswell and the architect Henry Epstein. The bronze patterned gates are decorated with crests and heraldic motifs of flora and fauna. The gates were unlocked by Queen Elizabeth II in 1954 and dedicated to King George V and King George VI. They are earmarked for conservation. Dadswell trained and lectured at the National Art School, Darlinghurst and was awarded the Wynne Prize for Sculpture in 1933.